80+ Courses. 1,200 Peers and Industry Experts. 0 Distractions.
Learn from those who are doing it, CAP17 is the single best time and place to step away from the day-to-day to gain a fresh perspective on practice and learn to take on new trends impacting pathology and laboratory medicine.
Strengthen Practice. Evolve Skills. Be the Future of Pathology.
A sample of what you will gain:
- Learn about the CRISPR/Cas9 approach to gene editing and why it represents a radical advancement.
- Collaborate with clinicians to enhance monitoring of chronic opioid therapy.
- Discover the latest multidisciplinary approach to the diagnosis and management of breast cancer in an era of personalized medicine.
- Gain the tools and knowledge to succeed as a laboratory director.
- Hear how the stringent criteria for diagnosing prostate cancer can help you avoid over diagnosing its mimickers.
- Take your Twitter account to the next level for efficient knowledge sharing.
- Understand the changes of staging to the Cancer Protocols from the 2016 release of the AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, 8th edition.
CAP17 CME/CE Accreditation Statement
The College of American Pathologists (CAP) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
CME Category 1
The CAP designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 27.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CE (Continuing Education for nonphysicians)
The CAP designates this educational activity for a maximum of 18.25 credits of continuing education. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Certification (BOC) Certification Maintenance Program (CMP) accepts this activity to meet the continuing education requirements.
Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs)
The College is pleased to offer CAP17 attendees many more SAMs than in previous years. This year, you may earn up to 23.75 SAM credits during CAP17. SAM courses are tagged with the icon for more information.
CAP SAMs are a key component of your educational experience and further our commitment to your professional development. CAP SAMs deliver ABP CME-credited demonstration of competencies at the cutting edge of pathology science and skill. Expert faculty create and approve each SAM alongside experienced assessment developers.
CAP SAMs deliver:
- Top-tier, subspecialty medical educators who develop and lead courses
- Highly interactive formats
- Outcomes-based learning
Progressive pathologists need progressive education and information. For your convenience, the College provides all CAP17 SAMs online at cap.org. We will provide instructions for accessing CAP17 SAMs in sessions that offer SAM credit.